Well, I am certain that your post will bring about numerous responses....
1. Japan DID, in fact, bomb Pearl Harbor!
(Ok, I'm just being a poop!)
2. Dorie Miller was the first African-
American to receive the Navy Cross.
3. The Nurses at Pearl did receive Purple
Hearts for their service 12-7-1041.
1. NO Doolittle Raider was shot and killed
upon capture following the crash land-
2. No FIGHTER JOCK dumped his plane to
pilot a bomber over Tokyo!!!
3. The "broomsticks guns" were put into
the tails of the B-25 BEFORE the
planes even left the US!!
Yep, I am REALLY PICKING on the movie folks for their portrayal of the Doolittle Raid portion of the film. I would like to think I am reasonably well-versed on the subject and have met and/or corresponded with several Raiders....I would have preferred that those men would have been given a better "due" than the "story" that Hollywood picked out!
I am certain that there are those WITH MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGE than I regarding the specific topic of the bombing of Pearl Harbor!